Sunday, October 25, 2015

Active for Education

Thanks to Daniel Lipschutz for this awesome sketch 
Today marks a little over halfway to my goal to ride, climb, hike, ski, skate, paddle, walk and any other human powered way possible to get to 2,500 miles in a year. In that I am hoping to raise $10/mile to build a Pencils of Promise school. It is just a little over 6 months since I began this journey and I have logged over1,270 miles since April 22, 2015.

What originally started as a way to help my friend Joanna achieve her dream of building a Pencils of Promise school has over the last six months turned into what I believe is my life’s purpose.

During my struggles with depression, being active and having new experiences helped me through those dark times and they still continue to do so. Aside from my friends and family, my active lifestyle and education are the two key factors which helped me make positive changes in my life and facilitate my road to recovery. My goal is to help others, especially those who are in need whether it is financially, physically, or emotionally to have access to these same resources and experiences.

In order to do this, I am starting the campaign Active for Education.The goal of this campaign is to promote the outdoors, physical activity, and education to help support a happy and healthy life. My personal goal each year is to log 2,500 miles and help raise at least $25,000 for a charity, foundation, or organization that promotes this mission. This year it is Pencils of Promise.

For anyone reading this who would like to get involved whether it planning fundraising events, logging miles with me, sharing this mission, or donating money please reach out to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog